half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Friday, March 03, 2006

happy songs

I would like to share a list of some of my "happy" songs with you. The criteria for these songs is as follows: (a) when I hear them, I am automatically in a better mood (b) I sing them out loud, very loud, in the car (c) they are not from musicals--since some of you probably think I am incapable of loving songs outside of broadway theater.

These are in happiness order--

1. I Can See Clearly Now (Johnny Nash)
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's (Deep Blue Something)
3. The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson)
4. A Lifetime (Better Than Ezra)
5. Happy Girl (Martina McBride)
6. Stay (Lisa Loeb)
7. Lullaby (Shawn Mullins)
8. My Sharona (The Knack)
9. Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson)
10. Beautiful to Me (The Given)

You're probably surprised by my selection, but these songs always cheer me up! :)

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Compulsive Indecision said…

    So . . . I just wanted to say something about sad songs, actually. :) (Or should I say, :( . . .)

    Anyways. I think it's funny how strong of an effective "sad" music can have on me--but more interesting is how meaningless sad music seems to me when I'm not actually sad. Hmm. Especially when I'm playing the piano--sometimes I'm just not feeling it.

    Hmm. That's all.

     
  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jami said…

    I can picture you singing your heart out, driving a little too fast, windows rolled down. Picturing you singing your happy songs makes me happy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home