half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

I can be MIGHTY

I've been doing a little soul-searching this last week. My months go in cycles, and I'm not only speaking physiologically (wink wink), but spiritually and emotionally as well. I have several great weeks, and then one or two seemingly unbearable weeks.

I have a lot to do. Not more than others, but my fair share, and I felt like I couldn't spend the amount of time necessary for primary. On Sunday the older kids would not sit still, listen, or show any respect for me or their teachers. It seemed they completely forgot they were in church, and should be reverent and respectful of the Lord's house. Don't misunderstand me, I believe in being silly in Primary. Primary is the one meeting on Sunday where laughter, loud singing, head-shoulders-knees-and-toes, and games are acceptable and actually contribute to the spirit of the meeting. I love Primary. But Sunday was hard, for whatever reason. I came home and cried and felt I wasn't the person for this calling. I felt there were plenty of people better suited than I who could keep the chaos down and the spirit up.

There probably are, but that isn't the point.

That night, as I read in the Book of Mormon, I found a wonderful scripture. "I will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty," (1 Nephi 1:20). I CAN BE MIGHTY. Better yet, I AM MIGHTY! It occurred to me that whatever role we are in, be it friend, mother, father, spouse, daughter, son, employee, primary president--as long as it is a righteous endeavor the Lord's tender mercies, along with our faith, can make us MIGHTY in that aspect of our lives.

I will have more difficult Sundays, but these difficulties and adversities are stepping stones on my way to greatness, to becoming the mighty woman I am supposed to become. So even though Sunday may be difficult, the level of reverence and quiet really doesn't determine the success of the meeting. If God's love for these children is felt by them, with me as a facilitator, then Primary has been a blazing success. That is what will determine my mightiness. And I know that is happening. I know they feel my love every week, and through my unconditional love for them (the depths of which astound even me) they feel the love of the Savior. I HAVE BEEN MIGHTY ALL ALONG!

By the way, another proof of my mightiness-- I've finally lost 6 pounds! I thought it couldn't be done, but I'm on my way!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home