half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

random babblings


I was saying to myself yesterday morning how lucky I've been to not get sick this winter. A shame, really, to even think it and jinx myself.

I had dreams last night that I couldn't talk. I'd try, but the words wouldn't come out. It's funny how aspects of our lives can manifest themselves in our dreams. I woke up this morning and my throat was soooo scratchy. Jason asked me a question and I really couldn't talk! Well, my office is ridiculously short on staff this week so I came in. My boss has ordered me home after I cover the lunch hour, but I feel sort of silly about it. I don't feel terrible, I just sound terrible. While I welcome an afternoon off, I also feel like a slacker. Ah well.

Beyond my sore throat, things are going well in my life.
a. My sister is getting married, which is very exciting
b. My husband is nearly through mid-terms, also very exciting
c. I'm thinking of joining a choir this spring
d. I'm going to visit my family in less than two months and I haven't been home in well over a year!
e. In just 40 minutes I get to leave work, 4 hours earlier than everyone else

The End

2 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger BlueAdagio said…

    YEAH! I'n glad you went home early. You deserve an afternoon off. Let me know if I can do anything for you if you do start feeling worse. Being sick is the pits.

    What choir are you joining?

    I'm happy you get to see your family soon. I'm going to see mine in 4 weeks. Hehe. I'm going to Wilbur's wedding in SC.

    HAVE A TRULLY TERRIFIC DAY J!

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Travis Butterfield said…

    oh man. I feel so left out. no link for me, huh? boo hoo. I think I'll go eat worms.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home