half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Friday, March 17, 2006

the reason for St. Patrick's Day

I love St. Patrick's Day. I've been trying to figure out this week why, and, until this morning, I couldn't come up with a good reason. My thinking is this:

I'm Irish, albeit a very, very small percentage, so I'm not extremely proud to wear the "Kiss Me" buttons. I don't really like the color green all that much, and corned beef is not one of my favorite foods. It IS fun to pinch people so that could be it, but now that I've graduated from elementary school I don't pinch as much as I used to. Why, then, do I get excited for St. Patrick's Day and make my husband wear green?

I walked out of my apartment building this morning and across the parking lot to my car, my beloved car, Little Green. I love her. She's been with me since I was 16. Little Green is growing older, she coughs and sputters more often, she even has the shakes. It takes longer for her to get up and going in the morning, and the type of fuel I buy doesn't matter to her anymore. I worry that Little Green is dying, and there is little I can do to help her now. I have concluded that is why I love St. Patrick's Day, it is a tribute to all that is green and dear to us. For me, St. Patrick's Day is a tribute to Little Green. She's been a good car and friend; dependable, loyal, trustworthy, and she's never given me much trouble. I lovingly dedicate March 17th to Little Green, she deserves this holiday.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Jason T to the Max! said…

    That was a nice dedication honey! I wish their was a holiday I could dedicate to Silver

     

Post a Comment

<< Home