half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Spring Poems by A.A. Milne

I haven't written in a while, I know I know. For once, I've actually been BUSY at work! Not only that, I still haven't mastered the decision making about what to write and what to keep to my journal. Humph.

Anyhow, this morning during my round of Honey Nut Cheerios, I picked up some light reading--The Complete Poems of Winnie-the-Pooh, by A. A. Milne. What happiness is kept inside its pages! If I'm going to be completely honest here, I am not a poetry buff. Try as I might, I just don't get very excited by it. I'll read it, appreciate the brilliance that it often contains, but I'd rather read a book. But A. A. Milne! He captures the imagination and magical world of children perfectly!
* * * * *
I have SPRING FEVER. The outside world is finally livening up.
And A. A. Milne captures it so wonderfully:

D Daffodowndilly

She wore her yellow sun-bonnet,
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Caroline said…

    Ah, I too love spring! This weekend as I drove home, I looked at the beautiful green trees and green grass---I even saw some white-tailed deer roaming around in the woods---and I was very happy!

    If only the world could be a perpetual spring... I think that's what heaven must be like.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home