half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

the big CHOP

On Friday I cut my hair, and I mean really cut it. I cut off 11 inches! I was fortunate to have enough to donate to Locks of Love, and the stylist said my hair was so thick I was donating about 1.5 times the normal amount. And, to top off the deal, because I donated my hair the cut was free.

Fortunately, and surprisingly, Jason loves it. He was nervous about me cutting it because, as we all know, men generally prefer longer hair. Well, Jason enjoys the fact that he can run his fingers through it without it getting caught along the way. I enjoy it, too, I might add!

The best part of this entire adventure was when the stylist chopped off my hair in a big pony tail and stuck the wet mass of hair on the counter. It looked exactly like a sick, dead rat. Was I ever grateful to get that nasty animal off of my head!

My hair is now right at chin length, the shortest I've ever had it that I can remember. I should post some before and after pictures, it's quite the change! I was even introduced in a work meeting today as Jana Short-Hair. How nice.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Compulsive Indecision said…

    Good day, Jana Short-Hair. Is that your Indian name? :)

    I thought it was funny that you said, "as we all know, men generally prefer longer hair." I suppose it could be a true statement, and, while I certainly like long hair, it seems like, with time at least, I can pretty much get used to and really like whatever hairstyle a girl happens to have. That's all.

    But congratulations on "get[ting] that nasty animal off [your] head!" :)

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Blogger Brittney said…

    I saw you today, I was driving down university ave, going to pick up Trent from work, you were on your bike coming out of the stadium parking lot. Do you really ride your bike to and from work? I am very impressed! Also, I saw your new haircut,very cute:) I love it, and I may be following in your footsteps very soon...

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Travis Butterfield said…

    UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Locks of Love is one huge scam. They sell the hair. Check out wikipedia.com. Cut your hair as you please, but cut it for YOU, not out of guilt. RS

     

Post a Comment

<< Home