half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm still here

It's amazing that while you're in the moment, time can crawl slower than a snail, but when you look at your blog and you see it's already been nearly a month since you've posted--you're shocked that the time has really flown by!

I went to Michigan two weeks ago and enjoyed a much-deserved rendevouz with my family. I learned to play cribbage with my mom, ate Guernsey ice cream with my dad, sang in church with my brother, and ate meals that I didn't have to prepare. It was wonderful. It was the first time I had ever gone on vacation without my husband and I really enjoyed myself! I spent time with some of my highschool friends (some good experiences, some bad) and was just able to be alone. As much as my crazy husband and I love spending time together, I know he enjoyed the time apart as well. But five days was enough, and it was wonderful to come back home.

I've had a lot on my mind lately, mostly about the people in my life that I care about and how else I can reach out and help them. It's difficult being in situations when you know certain things and can't divulge them to others, I function so much better sorting things out with friends. While it's flattering to be trusted, it's scary to hold another's confidence--to be soley responsible for a "secret." This is one reason why I have been extremely grateful for my relationship with Heavenly Father, especially lately. He is the One I can confide in, without fear, and the One that is best able to listen and help resolve. I've also learned that I can not be shy about this relationship and this knowledge, that these friends in difficult situations would also benefit by learning about how to establish the relationship that I have with God. Isn't that beautiful? That we can have a relationship, a two-way interaction, with diety? Ok, quite the tangent...

Well, I just wanted to write that I am still here, still happy, still striving to do better and still open for conversation. Thanks for waiting.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Brittney said…

    I am so glad to see you haven't forgotten your blog! Everyone, in general hasn't been writing, and so I have nothing to read at night... welcome back:)

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Compulsive Indecision said…

    (Just so you know, you are really the only friend of Cassandra's that I don't know super well personally whose blog I really enjoy reading, for whatever resaon.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home