half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

i wish i was elsewhere

The title of this explodingdog picture is "i wish i was elsewhere" and it accurately describes how I feel most mornings at work. Like I felt yesterday, like I feel right now, like I will probably feel tomorrow.

I enjoy my job, when I'm busy. I enjoy my coworkers. I enjoy being able to afford rent and food and (just recently) savings. I am grateful for my job, but it doesn't change the fact that each and every morning, I wish I were elsewhere. "Where?" you ask. Well, let me tell you. (1) at the zoo (2) Europe (3) sleeping in my bed. You pick.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Compulsive Indecision said…

    I usually try to avoid the "I wish I were . . ." syndrome, but I think the way it pretty much always comes out "I'd rather be playing volleyball," for me. But ya, it's been a little while since I've felt that way, I think.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Caroline said…

    Ah J... I know how you feel!

    I do like my job, but I hate my commute. It's long (about an hour each way) and I get nauseous on the Metro. Granted, I love working on the Mall, but I don't like getting to it via subway.

    Ah well. Life is still good. Why complain, right? :o)

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Caroline said…

    By the way, welcome back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home