half a cat

What's bloody and has two legs? Half a cat.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Ohio State University

This summer has been a busy one, not necessarily for me, but for my husband. He has been preparing to take the OAT (Optometry Admissions Test) and apply to optometry schools.

I've been fortunate in that he has been very ambitious and proactive in getting ready for his application. He started the first optometry club at UVSC, took a Kaplan preparation course for the OAT, volunteers with a non-profit organization doing free eye screenings, and has made several contacts at optometry schools around the country. He's done all he can do to get ready for this point and, foruntately, it seems to be paying off.

I shouldn't boast, but I'm proud of him and his efforts. Before even taking the OAT, Ohio State called and scheduled an interview with him. Several months prior a representative from the admissions office explained that getting interviews before finishing all elements of the application is quite rare, unless, of course, they are extrememly interested in you as a candidate! Yay! He has now taken the OAT and did quite well on it, and (keep your fingers crossed for us) there shouldn't be any more obstacles in our way--unless his interview goes terribly for some reason.

Ohio State is our number one school, as it is only 4 hours away from my family in Michigan and is one of the top 3 optometry schools in the country. This would be ideal. The interview is in October, and we should know shortly after that if he is accepted. It would be wonderful to be able to plan the next year, knowing where we'll be and what we'll be doing. We're not putting all our eggs in one basket, of course, and will be applying to probably two more schools before his interview, just in case. Hopefully, though, we'll be moving to Ohio to within the year. (As a fan of University of Michigan I never thought I'd say that.) Just thought you'd all like to know what's been going on with us. We're both very very excited and I'll keep you updated!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Brittney said…

    How exciting! I will be sad that once again, one of my friends will be moving on. Good luck to Jason! Tha is so awsome he has done so well. Congrats:)

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Julie said…

    Jana,

    I'm disappointed! OSU?!? Where's your Wolverines Spirit!!!! Today is out first game of the season, only 76 days until the UofM OSU Game! It should be a fun season! I love Football more and more each year :-) Thus I will end my rant with Buckeyes Stink!!!! GO BLUE!!!!

    Julie

    P.S. I may be getting married soon. Yay!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home